What is a fraternity?
How will my son benefit from Beta Chi Theta?
Beta Chi Theta will provide you with a nationwide network Brothers who will help guide and mold you into a gentleman. The connections and bonds you make with your fellow brothers will last a lifetime. Additionally, joining Beta Chi Theta will allow you to experience tremendous personal growth. Each member develops professional skills through leadership opportunities in each Chapter of Beta Chi Theta. Here is a list of skills that Beta Chi Theta will help to cultivate and enhance:
- Goal Setting
- Event Planning
- Problem solving
- People Management
- Risk management
- Time Management
- Oral: Brothers will have opportunities for public speaking through meetings, presentations, seminars, and negotiations.
- Written: Brothers will be exposed to writing event proposals, letters, guides, articles for publications, and speeches.
- Internal Relations: Brothers will learn to effectively resolve issues within the organization, helping to improve efficiency and productivity.
- External Relations: Brothers will interact often with external parties such as university officials, venue owners, charitable organizations, news outlets, companies, etc.
- Financial: Brothers will be exposed to creating and maintaining a budget. They will also learn accounting skills as well as cost saving methods.
- Recruitment/Marketing: Brothers will learn social networking and use fraternity resources to market the organization in a positive way.
- Technology: Brothers will have the opportunity to contribute to the chapter website and chapter media tools.
Will joining Beta Chi Theta affect my academics?
Yes, in a very POSITIVE way. The majority of our chapters have the highest GPA’s among those involved in Greek Life. The average All-Greek GPA is higher than the All-Undergraduate GPA most universities.